since 6.4.1996

Reply to Message
Posted To: NNRacing.com |  View Thread | Prev | Next
Title:You tell me...
Posted By:mlsmartin#6fan on July 20, 2004 IP Logged
edf40wrjww2NASNET_message:messagetext
fiogf49gjkf0d
fiogf49gjkf0d
Ya, it's soo easy... *rolls eyes* If mod making is as easy as you make it sound, maybe you should take a shot at it? Here, I'll give you some hints and what you need. Go get a 3d modeling program (3dsmax preferably, you can use zmod though). Then model the car (which isn't easy). Then model the interior, dash, all that. Then do the wheels. Then do the Level Of Details (about 11-8 models based on the main model. Each model should have a lower poly count than the previous model). Then do the damage (which is optional, but I can tell you're gonna be picky, so you should do it anywayz). Then map all the models. Sounds easy, well, it's not. Simple models are easy to map, because 3dsmax has a program that can map very simple models. You can use the program to do the mapping, but it will take you about a month per map. Then put the model into the game. For the beginner, that's a whole new ball field in itself. So, you get it into the game, then you need to do shadows, and stuff like that. Fix bugs, ect. If its that easy, I guess you should begin.

People like PWF, and The Pits put together a whole team to take different tasks, some people take on more than 1 task, and some tasks require more than 1 person. Even with 10 or more people, a mod can take months to complete. It just "urinate"es me off that you come here, sounding demanding and acting like we owe you something. If someone wants to do a NHRA mod, then they will do it. A mod is something that is not usually requested like a car due to the fact that it takes a lot of time and resources.
Reply to Message
Threaded. Sort by poster.
. * NHRA MOD ! How Hard can it BE ?! PROWLSD
. * RE: This week's new mod? usserya
. * RE: This week's new mod? FordFanatic
. * RE: This week's new mod? usserya
. * RE: NHRA MOD ! How Hard can it BE ?! Jakethesnake#11
. * RE: NHRA MOD ! How Hard can it BE ?! FordFanatic
. * calm down ford........ 800hp
. * RE: calm down ford........ mlsmartin#6fan
. * RE: exactly my point 800hp
. * RE: NHRA MOD ! How Hard can it BE ?! PROWLSD
. * You tell me... mlsmartin#6fan
. * RE: You tell me... ranman38
. * RE: You tell me... mlsmartin#6fan
. * RE: NHRA MOD ! How Hard can it BE ?! labonte_fan_#5
. * RE: NHRA MOD ! How Hard can it BE ?! mlsmartin#6fan
. * RE: NHRA MOD ! How Hard can it BE ?! kjcssk
. * RE: NHRA MOD ! How Hard can it BE ?! 8ball
. * RE: VERY HARD!!!!!!!!!! boggy
. Message has attachments. now THIS is a mod! 800hp
. * RE: now THIS is a mod! bus_man
. * RE: now THIS is a mod! c_shag
. * what are u talking about? 800hp
c 2006 NNRacing.com all rights reserved.
created by alex santantonio